Bristlecone Family Resources, Reno, Nevada
Reno, NV, 89502
Table of Contents:
Since 1964, Bristlecone Family Resources has been improving lives and fostering hope for thousands of Northern Nevadans suffering from addiction. The Bristlecone’s professional team is treating mild to more severe cases of alcohol and drug abuse issues, including gambling addiction issues as well. Upon their arrival, the patients are required to complete a full detoxification process which is available on the grounds of the facility. They are offered the chance to participate in either a residential treatment program or an outpatient treatment program, depending on their diagnosis, severity of the case, age, social status, etc.
Bristlecone Family Resources helps over 1,000 people a year through our core treatment programs. Staff provide over 50 group sessions per week, and the menu of services includes addiction recovery, parenting, men and women’s process groups, financial counseling programs, problem gambling, co-occurring disorders, meditation, relapse prevention, early recovery skills, wellness and harm reduction, coping skills, acceptance and commitment and relationships in recovery.
Bristlecone counselors take great care to keep those supports in place and work on mending those relationships during recovery. Bristlecone Family Resources uses the guidelines established by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) to develop individually tailored service plans. Bristlecone Family Resources creates a biopsychosocial assessment that integrates ASAM’s criteria and defined six dimensions, which are acute intoxication and/or withdrawal potential; biomedical conditions and complications; emotional, behavioral or cognitive conditions or complications; readiness to change; relapse, continued use, or continued problem potential; and finally, recovery and living environment.
Bristlecone Family Resources Housing
The facility has a residential capacity of 51 beds. Their four-story building provides a state-of-the-art treatment facility that provides a full outpatient services office on the 1st floor, residential treatment services for men (2nd floor) and women (3rd floor), and administrative offices throughout the facility and on the 4th floor. In addition, Bristlecone site provides an attached building that serves as a transitional living facility for clients including veterans who need additional support to stabilize. The residential and transitional living facility is conveniently located within close proximity to RTC bus stops, hospitals, and other service providers that clients may access.
The rooms accommodate two or four clients at a time, who are sharing the rooms with each other with its twin-beds, bedside tables, and wardrobes available in each room. Bathrooms are also meant to be shared between the patients as well, some in rooms with larger bathrooms for each level. Treatment Aides are available in an office in the center of the bedrooms 24/7. Counselors’ offices are located between bedrooms for day time availability. Each living area has a common area with TV and computers, and a kitchen available for breakfast and snacks. Lunch and Dinner are prepared for and served in the first-floor dining hall by staff. The meals are made of organic and non-organic ingredients, served fresh each day. Dietary requirements are respected.
Smoking, chewing, and vaping is not permitted on property or on private properties around the facility. While in residential treatment any electronic devices including mobile phones, electronic hand watches, computers, tablets, iPods, etc. are not permitted; however, they are permitted in transitional living.
Bristlecone Treatment Options
At Bristlecone, you will find the following treatment options:
- Social Model Detoxification: For many, this is the first step toward a new life. Individuals are monitored closely during their first period of sobriety to make sure their vital signs are stable and that they remain abstinent during the most difficult period of withdrawal.
- Residential Treatment: This is a live-in program and provides clients in recovery a clean, safe, structured, and supportive environment. Client advocates monitor the residents 24 hours a day. Strict rules and regulations are provided to facilitate the safety of clients and promote independence. Highly trained counselors work on-site and are available at all times. The time-frame of Residential Treatment is determined by each clients’ needs. During the first two weeks, clients are urged to remain on the property unless they need to attend drug court or time-urgent medical appointments. For most clients, Residential Treatment lasts at least 4 weeks before moving to Transitional Living / Transitional Housing or Outpatient Treatment.
- Transitional Living (short-term) / Transitional Housing (up to one year): This program promotes recovery and independence by providing housing, supportive services, and advocacy. TL is one step closer toward full integration back into the community. Bristlecone maintains a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide transitional living or transitional housing beds for homeless veterans in our community. Additionally, our TL/TH program is available for the client who have completed the program but have little income.
- Outpatient Treatment: This level of treatment does not require the client to stay at our facility. Services provided at this level vary depending on the recommended treatment plan and can include group sessions, individual counseling, family therapy, and couples counseling.”
Bristlecone Therapies Provided
Therapeutic services that the patient is given access to at Bristlecone include:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Social Model Detoxification
Bristlecone Payment Options
There are some insurance companies which cover some treatment options or all of the costs of treatment at Bristlecone Family Resources. If clients are uninsured do their insurance cover the treatment, Bristlecone offers a sliding fee scale. Limited scholarships are available to clients that cannot have insurance billed nor pay for treatment themselves. In total, a week of Residential Treatment is $1,050, and a week of Outpatient Treatment is $150. Transitional Living costs vary depending on the living situation and available grant funding.
Upon admission to any treatment program of Bristlecone Family Resources, the patient should have a meeting with the Finance Department staff. Patients are encouraged to bring their proof of Income, ID card, and Proof of Nevada Residency.
Bristlecone Family Resources holds certifications from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health in:
- Adult Transitional Housing,
- Adult Comprehensive Evaluation,
- Adult Drug Court Services,
- Level 1 Adult Outpatient Services with Co-occurring Endorsement,
- Level 3.1 Adult Clinically-Managed Low Intensity Residential Treatment,
- Level 3.2 Adult Clinically-Managed Residential Withdrawal Management,
- Level 3.5 Adult Clinically-Managed High Intensity Residential Treatment,
- Level 2.1 Adult Intensive Outpatient Services with Co-occurring Endorsement, and Targeted Case Management.
During their free time, the clients can choose to participate in organized yoga and meditation classes run by volunteers, gym use, enjoying their free time in the common rooms, watching TV and bonding with other clients outside the group therapy sessions, and walking to the local park with counselors. A wide variety of movies is available in the facility’s DVD set, books, music are all available at the common room. They are free to use. Clients can use computers under the counselor’s supervision only. Comfortable transportation to and from Bristlecone Family Resources is already included in the price of the treatment for all clients.
Bristlecone’s team of Licensed or Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (LADC/CADC), Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT), client advocates, and support staff all work to create a client-centric approach to treatment, and engage clients in successful and sustained recovery.