Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, Hico, Texas
Hico, TX, 76457
Table of Contents:
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Overview
The Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center provides care and support to male and female individuals of any age – adolescents (age 14 to 19), young adults, and elderly individuals diagnosed with addiction issues and/or co-occurring mental health issues. Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, eating disorders, trauma, depression, anxiety, personality disorders, and impulse control disorders are just some of the most common issues tackled at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center. This rehabilitation center offers short-period and long-period inpatient treatment programs, in addition to its Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
This is a gender-specific facility, which accommodates male and female patients separately. The treatment programs at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center include individual, group, family, trauma, and equine therapy in addition to CBT, and DBT. Medication management, on-site detoxification, and dual diagnosis are also available.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Housing
The Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center offers accommodation for 12 patients at a time, which are accommodated in gender-specific houses. Each house has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. In each bedroom, there are two roommates. In each house, there is one common room with a TV where the patients are encouraged to spend time together outside therapy. All of the meals are prepared and served on-site by the kitchen staff. The patients are given chores which they are expected to complete during their day.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Treatment Options
The following treatment programs are to be found at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center:
- Inpatient treatment program – When the patients join in on the inpatient treatment program, they are to decide between the short-term and the long-term inpatient treatment program, together with their assigned consultant. The short-term inpatient program is in the duration of maximum 30 days, while the long-term inpatient program is in the duration of longer than 30 days, which is recommended for the more severe cases of addiction and/or mental health issues. As usual, the patient is not allowed to leave the facility during his/her treatment. The inpatient treatment program includes all of the available therapy methods, according to the needs of the patient.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), like the traditional outpatient treatment program, is perfect for anyone who is either struggling with a milder case of addiction and/or mental health issues or is not able to take time away from work/school. The sole difference between these two treatment programs is the fact that the IOP includes more frequent therapy sessions, and usually lasts longer than the traditional outpatient treatment program.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Therapies Provided
The Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center offers its patients with the following therapy methods:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Trauma therapy
- Experimental therapy (Equine therapy)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Dual diagnosis
- Medication management
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Payment Options
As the official website tells us, the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, apart from the numerous self-pay options that it offers, it also offers to accept most private and state insurance plans. These would include:
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- United Healthcare
- Out of Network and many others
If you are curious to find out whether or not is your insurance plan accepted by the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, feel free to contact the staff using the phone number provided.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Licenses
The Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center has been accredited by both the CARF (The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) and the Joint Commission. These are both non-profit organizations working to assure the best possible care, and treatment by the treatment facilities that they support regarding the patients that are using their services on the path to recovery.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Amenities
The treatment facility at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center has its own private zoo that includes lamas, donkeys, zebras, chickens, and even kangaroos that the patients are free to visit. The most popular amenity at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center is, of course, their equine therapy which is a part of both the inpatient treatment program and the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). The facility has its own ranch for horses, for which it has earned a lot of popularity.
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center Staff
Debra K. Knaus (RN, LCDC) – Chief Executive Officer/Owner
Debra K. Knaus uses her over 30 years of experience in the domain of working with addiction cases to serve as one of the best Chief Executive Officers at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center.
Douglas E. Knaus – Chief Financial Officer/Owner
Douglas E. Knaus had worked with over 100 companies as a part of his 30 years of experience before he and his wife, Debra K. Knaus decided to open the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center where he now works as the Chief Financial Officer.
Albert. J. Turk (M.D) – Medical Director
Dr. Turk serves as a valuable part of the team at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, where he works as a medical director. He has earned board certification in Family Medicine, a license and knowledge that he now uses at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center.
Nonie Casselman-Reed (M.Ed., LCDC) – Equine Therapist
Nonie Casselman-Reed is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, currently working as an equine therapist at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center. She uses her own past experience with chemical dependency in addition to her knowledge and experience to provide the best care possible and treatment for her patients.
Shelley Turk (RN) – Nurse Practitioner
Shelley Turk is a registered nurse, working at the Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center. She has been described as caring, friendly, and dedicated to her work and her patients.