Nevada Drug Rehab: Finding The Right Addiction Center
Behind Nevada’s glamorous Las Vegas and Reno casinos and hotels, there exists a drug abuse crisis in the state that has left many battling substance addictions. Nevada is also known as Silver State and is among the top ten states where drug abuse is highest in the US. Drug rehab centers in Nevada have been established by both the federal and the state government to fight this vice and provide a beacon of hope to those who are affected.
Learn About Substance Abuse Treatment In Nevada:
Peculiarities In Substance Abuse In The State
According to the Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), a total of 12,062 admissions were recorded for patients in Silver State seeking treatment for drug-induced illness in 2018 alone. Out of these cases, alcohol rehab facilities in Nevada received among the highest numbers meaning that most patients either abuse alcohol only or in combination with stimulants, including methamphetamine. As a result, 14.37% of all the deaths in the state between 2008 and 2017 were drug-induced, according to the Centre for Disease Control. However, such deaths can be prevented because substance abuse programs in Nevada are tailor-made to ensure successful rehabilitation.
Addiction Treatment In The State
Finding a suitable drug rehab center in Nevada is one important step on the road to recovery. And as such, Nevada drug rehabs offer inpatient and outpatient services. However, it is up to the patients to decide what best suits their preferred treatment options because all substance abuse programs in Nevada prioritize the recovery of their patients.
Some factors to consider when choosing Nevada drug rehab are:
- insurance coverage
- taper medications
- rehabilitation and therapy program design
- location of the rehab center
- patient-to-staff ratio
- severity of the addiction
- degree of care given to patients
Specific Types Of Treatments In The State
Substance abuse addiction can have its toll on not only the patient but also their families. It is, therefore, important for the patient’s family to offer their full emotional and psychological support to ensure they recover and bring their life back on track. Substance abuse programs in Nevada combine therapy sessions, counseling, and customized assistance to every patient.
Some of the treatment strategies adopted by drug rehab centers in Nevada include:
- Relapse Prevention Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment
- Dialectical Behavioral Treatment
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Anger Management
- Brief Intervention
Effectiveness Of State Rehabs
The government of Silver State is trying its best to assist the addicted residents in beating their addiction and bringing their lives back on track. In most cases, Nevada drug rehab centers facilitate this goal. They provide not only detox treatment programs but also emotional and psychological support.
- Nevada: High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area. National Drug Intelligence Center. 2008. https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs27/27499/27499p.pdf.
- Quick Statistics. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. https://wwwdasis.samhsa.gov/webt/newmapv1.htm#.
- Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2017 Request. Center for Desease Control and Prevention. https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D76.
- NEVADA DRUG CONTROL UPDATE Office of National Drug Control Policy. https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/state_profile-nevada.pdf.